Listen to the show (may take a few seconds to load):
Whether you’ve been following Miles since he was introduced in 2011 or if you’ve just entered the Spider-Man comics world with Spider-Gwen, the Ultimate Spin the podcast for you.
Ultimate Spin features an international group of Spider-Man fans reviewing and discussing the stories in those two series, as well as chatting about the history of the Ultimate Spider-Man series and what the future has in store for Miles and Gwen.
In this episode, Jack and Brian take a closer look at Spider-Men II #2 and are disappointed to find that they’re already losing interest in the miniseries. What went wrong and more importantly, can this train get back on track?
- 0:00 – Intro; A big change for Ultimate Spin
- 3:35 – Spider-Men II #2 – The miniseries takes a disappointing stumble and we try to figure out what happened (and why). Jessica Jones stops by to promote her new series. Miles quits…again. Would this be better read as a trade? Trying to reconcile street-level Miles w/ inter-dimensional adventurer Miles. Shouldn’t Evil Miles be a bigger deal?
- 19:01 – Our three-word reactions to Spider-Men II #2.
- 21:05 – Outro; Listener feedback; What did *you* think of this issue? Let us know!
Stuff that we mentioned in this episode:
- Superior Spider-Talk’s review of Spider-Men II #2
- Superior Spider-Talk: Brian’s spoiler-free review of the novel Miles Morales: Spider-Man by Jason Reynolds
- Miles Morales: Spider-Man: Book preview and Audiobook preview
- Defenders on Netflix
- Jessica Jones
- Spider-Man No More (again)
- Image: Saga and Black Science
- Bendis teases the return of Ultimate Peter Parker
- Comic Book Roundup for Spider-Men II #2
- Who is F.A.C.A.D.E. ?
- All-New Amazing Spider-Talk podcast
Also check out:
- Jack’s website; Jack’s new (and noteworthy) podcast: The Sequelisers!
- Brian’s Twitter/Instagram/Podcasts/assorted nonsense
- Ultimate Spin at iTunes
- Ultimate Spin at Stitcher
- Ultimate Spin at Google Play
- Ultimate Spin at Facebook
- Twitter: @theultimatespin
- Ultimate Spin at Instagram
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at email@example.com!