Listen to the show (may take a few seconds to load):
Whether you’ve been following Miles since he was introduced in 2011 or if you’ve just entered the Spider-Man comics world with Spider-Gwen, the Ultimate Spin the podcast for you.
Ultimate Spin features an international group of Spider-Man fans reviewing and discussing the stories in those two series, as well as chatting about the history of the Ultimate Spider-Man series and what the future has in store for Miles and Gwen.
In this episode, Brian, Kyle, and Jack take a closer look at the dramatic (and welcome!) tonal shift of Spider-Man #17 and consider the implications for Miles as a character.
- 0:00 – Intro
- 2:23 – Spider-Man #17 – Cover Talk (the challenge of limited solicit info). Is it already over for Bombshell? The soft side of Hammerhead. Miles sails The Sea of Darkness. Becoming a proactive character. The best cliffhanger in the series so far (and our concerns for its resolution).
- 26:43 – Our three-word summaries of Spider-Man #17
- 28:00 – Outro. What did *you* think of this issue? Let us know!
Stuff that we mentioned in this episode:
- Omar Holmon’s review of Spider-Man #17 at Black Nerd Problems
- Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends!
- Batman: Knightfall
- Brock Lesnar
- John Cena
Also check out:
- Kyle on THE TWITTAH
- Jack’s website; Jack’s new show: The Sequelisers!
- Brian’s Twitter/Instagram/Podcasts/assorted nonsense
- Ultimate Spin at iTunes
- Ultimate Spin at Stitcher
- Ultimate Spin at Google Play
- Ultimate Spin at Facebook
- Twitter: @theultimatespin
- Ultimate Spin at Instagram
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at email@example.com!