Ultimate Spin looks at a different strand of Spider-Man’s web, namely the ones belonging to Miles Morales, the young man who’d inherited the mantle of great power and responsibility following the death of Peter Parker in Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man series, and Spider-Gwen Stacy, an alternate take on the blonde bombshell wherein she took of the mantle of Spider-Woman after Peter Parker’s death.
Whether you’ve been following Miles since he was introduced in 2011 or if you’ve just entered the Spider-Man comics world with Spider-Gwen, the Ultimate Spin the podcast for you.
Ultimate Spin features an international group of Spider-Man fans reviewing and discussing the stories in those two series, as well as chatting about the history of the Ultimate Spider-Man series and what the future has in store for Miles and Gwen.
Brian, Jack, and Kyle are back to catch up with Radioactive Spider-Gwen #5! Just one question: Where’s Gwen?
0:00 – Intro
1:26 – Radioactive Spider-Gwen #5 basic recap with special guest George Takei
2:36 – A guest artist! How does Chris Visions’ style work for the series? Considering impact of colors and letters.
14:12 – Gwen is MIA, but can the other characters carry the issue? We love Dad Cop. Is Harry a real threat? Cap is awesome (and so is Frank).
28:21 – Three word summary (about the issue, not Kyle).
29:25 – Listener feedback / iTunes review
31:36 – Giveaway Contest! Tell us what you think of the Venom Sting and win a variant edition of Spider-Man #1!
33:24 – Contact info; Wrap-up
36:57 – ????
Stuff that we mentioned in this episode:
- Brian’s review of Radioactive Spider-Gwen #5 at Superior Spider-Talk
- Guest artist Chris Visions
- Robbi Rodriguez @ Instagram (WIP & sneak peek at new character design ideas)
- Superior Spider-Talk Patreon
Also check out:
- Jack’s show: Inter-Comics Podcast
- Kyle’s site: Nerds Unchained. Interested in writing for the site? Just let Kyle know!
- Brian guest co-hosting the current season of the Sounds Like An Earful podcast
- Our opening theme and incidental music courtesy of the awesome Christopher Postill at Sounds Like An Earful
Thank you for listening! We’d love to hear from you: Send us your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org! If you send us an mp3, we’ll feature it in the show!